- The Genghis Khan MTB Adventure is open to everyone but promotes amateur, or non professional, cycling. Professionals or ex professionals who have retired in or after 2012, are allowed to take part, but 'out of competition', i.e. they will not feature in the result list nor receive any performance awards. A professional or (ex) professional biker is a person who in the past two years (2012 and 2013) featured on the official team roster of a UCI licensed ELITE MTB team, UCI MTB team, or roadbike UCI ProTour, Pro Continental or Continental team. Top amateur riders who are hired as occasional guestriders for any of the aforementioned team categories are not considered professionals.
- Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, ID, Birth Date and Native Place same as the ones of the permanent residence booklet.
- Non-Chinese participants are required to provide valid information such as Name, Gender, ID, and Nationality same as the ones printed in their valid passports.
- Genghis Khan MTB Adventure is a mountainbike challenge with timing via electronic chip for non-professional and recreational athletes.
- Each participant shall fill in the registration form correctly and completely (a written consent from the relevant guardians is demanded for participants under 18 or over 60). Participants shall sign up the official way and pay the registration fee before the race (online registration is recommended until 5 days before the event). Due to high number of registrants in 2013 and to warrant top quality for all, registration in 2014 has three phases with the Early Bird phase lasting until 1 February 2014. Afterwards, race fees will be slightly increased. In 2013, the maximum participation limit was reached 1 month before the event. In 2014, there is a limit of 1000 participants.
- Each registered participant will receive a participant’s bag at the event’s race office (preferred pick-up the afternoon before the event), which contains the following items: number bib, bike plate, electronic chip, event T-shirt, sponsor gifts, printed route map with marked water/food points, mineral water.
- Participants are required to be in proper and healthy condition and will sign a statement saying so upon collecting the number bib at the event’s race office. Nordic Ways declines all liability if health problems are experienced during the event.
- Nordic Ways will purchase insurances for the registered athletes until five days before the start of the Genghis Khan Festival, based on the correct information provided. Hence, participants are required to fill in the necessary information in correct fashion. Otherwise, they are personally responsible for any risk or injury occurred during the event.
- As of Tuesday, 1 July 2014, people who still wish to sign up for the competition are required to arrange their own insurance cover.
- Registered participants who obtain injury or any other health hazard during the event shall follow the official insurance procedure. Nordic Ways will not pay the medical treatment fee in advance.
- Wearing a helmet is mandatory for each participant in the MTB event.
- Mountainbikers are personally responsible to ensure their bikes and equipment are fit for the task, including the rental bike of choice.
- Only leg power is allowed. Any kind of automatic or mechanic aids are disallowed. Footpeg, lock, etc. shall all be removed before the start of the event.
- Force majeure Nordic Ways and/or the local organization committee is authorized to shorten race distances or cancel the event due to unforeseen or exceptional circumstances that jeopardize the security of the event or its participants
Health & insurance
Health & insurance
Go to the Online registration form